Here are two compelling reasons for using SPC:
- Quality is best at the target value.
- All processes vary.
Here are some more reasons:
- Better reputation. Your customer will notice the difference compared to your competitors who do not use SPC.
- Better quality. You will get early warning signals before you start producing defective parts.
- Lower reject costs. The frequency of rejects will almost invariably fall.
- Clearer objectives. Every member of your workforce will read the process the same way.
- Less stress. The work load will, as a rule, become lighter.
- Skill enhancement. Production personnel will gain a whole new awareness of their work and their processes.
- Cost savings. High process capability reduces the need for final inspection.
- Fewer stoppages. Incipient machine faults are detected early, which facilitates condition-based maintenance.
Statistical Process Control (SPC)